Administrators: Add new users in bulk
Bulk import user details from Excel. You can now add up to 100 new users quickly and easily with our new user import. To use it, your organization must be configured to use our federated authentication or our platform security (LDAP), and you must have permission to maintain users.
On the Administration module's Users list page:
- From the new Import users toolbar button (), select Export user template to download the required Excel spreadsheet.
- Enter the basic details for each user in the spreadsheet and save it:
- First name: required, maximum of 30 characters, no special characters
- Last name: required, maximum of 30 characters, no special characters
- Phone: optional, numbers only
- Username: (email) required, must be a valid email format for a domain registered with Mediaocean, can't be registered to another user
The user details are validated on import. If the details all pass validation, the user accounts are added with a status of Incomplete.
If any issues are found, the file is rejected and the issues reported so that you can make the required corrections and import it again.
The account activation email is automatically sent to the user.
Note: The ability to assign roles and access groups in bulk on the Users list page are planned for a future release.
See the Known issues page.